While I was away for Thanksgiving, I received notification that I had received an award. I am very grateful and it took me too long to pick it up really but I am ill and not getting much done these days since we returned home. It has been a long time since I stayed in bed all day long and that is what I did on Saturday and most of Sunday. I could not stand it today and I had a friend, more like a sister, who had a birthday today that I hadn’t gotten a card out to, so I got up and got it done and sent out. Here is my award:
Now there are some rules that go along with this award so here they are:
Here are the rules for the Sun Shine Award!
1. Include award logo in blog post.
2. Thank the blogger who gave it to you and include a link back to them.
3. Answer 10 questions about yourself, that you have made up yourself.
4. Nominate up to 10 bloggers and contact them at their blog site to inform them
OK, so here we go!
1. What is my favorite animal? I am a DOG person. That doesn’t mean I don’t like cats b/c I do. I am very allergic to them. I have 2 furbabies, dogs, that I adore. They have us wrapped around their paws!
2. What do I like to read? I don’t have much time to read anymore but I enjoy a good mystery.
3. What is my favorite color? My favorite color is BLUE. It has been as long as I can remember. I love the blue and brown combinations that are popular now as well as the pink and brown combinations.
4. Who are my “heroes?” My husband is my hero. He is SO brave. He is facing something so tough right now and you would never know it. My grandmother was my hero. She has been gone for 10 years now and I still miss her more than words can express.
5. What did I do before stamping took over my free time? I must have had a life. LOL I actually have fibromyalgia and stamping and making cards helps me to not think about the pain I am in.
6. What city have I always wanted to visit? I think it would be Boston in the summertime.
7. Where would I love to live when I retire? I want to be close to children and grandchildren wherever they may be.
8. Why did I get interested in stamping? It was Leah Crowe who told me about digital stamps and if it hadn’t been for her then I would have not gotten started when I did. Perhaps I would have eventually learned about them and gotten started but she did this wonderful thing for me!
9. If I had to choose a profession over again, what would it be? I truly would marry someone the first time like Dave that wanted me to be a full-time Mom and to take care of our children and make sure that no one else raised them for us! That would be my dream come true!!!
10. What is my favorite holiday? Christmas or any holiday that can be spent with family! I love being around family.
Thank you Susan. You made my day more than you will ever know and I am so sorry it took me a week to pick it up.
OK, now I will pass this “SUNSHINE” AWARD on to these people who have inspired me in so many different ways:
1. Leah Crowe http://www.leahscraftylife.com/ Without Leah I wouldn’t have ever even known about digis and it blows my mind to think that it was only a year ago Christmas that this happened! Thank you Leah.
2. Naomi Edwards http://scrapbookingforbeginners-naomi.blogspot.com/ Naomi and I met in an unique way but we both believe that we were supposed to cross paths. She has been a support for me and I hope that I have been one for her as well.
3. Berni Cuttino http://berni46.blogspot.com/ Berni and I have become blog friends and she can make my day a happy day just by saying hello. She is very talented and extremely sweet. I don’t know how she manages to keep up with all of the DTs she is on. She is definitely an inspiration to me.
4. Aletha Williams http://ajsdesigns.blogspot.com/ Aletha colors better than anybody I know. I aspire to color like Aletha. I hope one of these days I can be 1/2 as good. Aletha took a chance on me and let me be on her “Hippity with Ippity” DT until she decided to explore other avenues.
5. India Farr http://indiafarr.blogspot.com/ This is my niece. She has made us all proud. She and my son, Patrick, have done more than their mom, aunt, or uncle. They went to college and actually graduated. She has a job awaiting her when she graduates. She has plans to get married in May. We all love and respect her. Isn’t it nice when you can say that about someone? That you not only love them but you respect them? If you read her blog you will see that she has done some great things and she could be the first woman president, I believe, if she wanted to! She may not technically be a crafter but she is going to teach 3rd grade and she is going to be very crafty getting her room all set up the way she wants it!
6. Kristy Deyette https://kristyleesworld.wordpress.com/ Both Kristy and Aletha took chances on me when I’m not sure if anyone else would have wanted to. I’m grateful to them for that. Kristy has been a good friend to me and we have tried to keep each other happy when the world seemed doomsday.
7. Susan Salyer www.lightofswans.com/ Susan has her own web space now. I don’t know what you call it. We have met IRL. She is a sweetheart and has been very supportive of me. I am hoping that one of these days she will have the opportunity to show me some of her skills so that I can learn more and more. She has extraordinary coloring skills that boggle the mind.
8. Karen Christensen http://busybusyhoneybee.wordpress.com/ I have been following Karen’s blog for quite a while now and I have no idea how she keeps up with all of the DTs that she is on. She still manages to make very elaborate cards. She is an inspiration to me.
9. Chana http://redoralee.blogspot.com/ I don’t guess Chana tells anyone her last name. LOL I have been following her blog almost ever since I started doing digital stamps. She has been one of my greatest inspirations and she is another one that is on mulitiple DTs. I had aspired to be on a DT with her and I finally made it but I think that she tries to stay far ahead of the rest of us so that she can concentrate on her other duties. I haven’t had any interaction with her like I had anticipated. I still LOVE you Chana and you are STILL my inspiration!
10. I hope the person I pick for this last spot will accept. Heather Dennis http://joemamainks.blogspot.com/ Heather has become one of my dearest, dearest friends. I think that she realizes this. It is one of those things that kind of goes without saying. I am able to tell her things and we can bounce ideas off of each other and know that neither one of us will judge the other. We know that we are both talking to each other with the Spirit of God in our hearts. Heather, you have truly been an inspiration to me. I hope that you will accept this award. It would really mean a lot to me!
I will be contacting these ladies to let them know they have received this award from me.
I hope that they will accept it, place it on their blogs and then pass it on to up to 10 other crafting bloggers who inspire them.